Packing & Unpacking Services in Bryan-College Station
Make Your Move Easier with Help from Sarge's Moving Services, LLC
Packing and unpacking can be the most intimidating part of your move. You may be feeling lost even before you begin. Where do you start? What materials do you need to get the job done? How much time will this take? Don't worry. Sarge's Moving Services, LLC has the answers. Our packing and unpacking moving specialists in Bryan-College Station are experts when it comes to packing up for a move. If you decide you need help with a little bit of the packing, or if you would like us to pack your entire house, office, or apartment, Sarge's Moving Services, LLC is here to help!
What Size Moving Box Should I Get?
Moving boxes and cartons come in many shapes and sizes suited to fit many different household goods. Using the appropriate box for your needs can save you time and money. These are some of the basic types of boxes Sarge's Moving Services, LLC uses on a daily basis, though there are some specialty boxes that are not included in this list.
- Small Box (Book Carton): The small box (book carton) is a small, easy to handle box designed for heavy items such as books, records, or CDs. Dishes and pantry items (such as canned foods) fit great in this box, and for quick, easy access our team of College Station movers can stack them neatly in your new kitchen.
- Medium Box: Often used for pots and pans, toys, non-perishable dry foods, and small appliances, medium utility boxes are 3 cubic feet. Mediums can hold most averaged sized or odd-sized items from around the house or kitchen and can also be stacked well without damaging the contents.
- Large Square Box: Large square boxes are great for bulky items such as linens, towels, toys or lampshades. It is important not to overload large boxes with heavy items, but be sure to fill them to the top so that they stack better.
- Dish Pack: Dish pack boxes use heavy-duty, corrugated double-wall construction for all delicate items such as china and dishes, crystal and glassware. Since these boxes are basically the size of a large box (but more rigid) they are great for fragile items.
- Wardrobe Carton: Coming in various heights, these packing boxes are ideal for hanging clothes. Wardrobe cartons have a hanger bar to accommodate clothes from your closet or draperies you want to protect. It’s much better than storing clothes in bags or in boxes where they will get wrinkled or tangled. Each wardrobe box can accommodate approximately 2-3 feet of hanging clothes. For example, if you measure your closet and you have 6 feet of clothing hanging, you will need approximately 3 wardrobe cartons. Sarge’s Moving sometimes places shoes or closet miscellaneous items at the bottom of grand wardrobe boxes to save clients time and money.
- Mirror Carton: Telescoping cartons fit almost any picture, mirror, or glass (such as a glass tabletop). These boxes are typically sold in 4 pieces which are put together to fit odd-sized items. Just like regular boxes, some mirror/picture boxes open and close, but are sold in varying sizes according to the size of the box you need to fit the item you are packing.
- Mattress Carton: Available in king, queen, double, single (twin) and crib sizes; one box will only fit either the mattress or the box spring, so you will need two per complete bed. Depending on your move logistics, a mattress bag may be a better and more economical choice for you.
- Waterproof Moving Boxes: Waterproof moving boxes are strong plastic boxes that range in size. If you expect a wet move or will store your belongings in non-climate controlled storage, you might purchase these boxes.
- Plastic Totes: Plastic totes are available in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be purchased at many stores. They are great for storing many different items, but may not be the best fit for your move. Sarge’s Moving Services recommends that these totes never be overloaded and that the lid also be closable. If improperly packed or unsecured/taped, these have a tendency to break, be crushed, or come open during transport.
- File Boxes: The file box can be a good option when transporting the contents of a home office. It is threaded through with metal rods on the sides so that you can easily hang files and other paperwork.
- Lamp Boxes: Lamp boxes aren’t categorically necessary but they’re useful for anything long, such as a golf club or telescope, and want to keep it protected during your move. It is made with a thicker base for balance and can be great for tall brass lamps and similar items.
- Specialty Boxes: Special boxes can be used for things like guitars, rifles, and much more—though these usually have to be special-ordered.
Packing & Unpacking Tips
Purchasing the right packing materials always pays off-whether it simply saves your possessions themselves or saves your mover time loading. Boxes of uniform size are more easily stacked and transferred by dolly. Such items as sturdy boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and magic markers can be purchased at moving companies and truck-rental firms such as Home Depot and U-haul. Supplement with copious amounts of crumpled paper, blankets, and pillows; even clothing can serve as a great buffer between breakable objects. EcoBox not only has great boxes but also has packing paper in bulk.
- Pack one room at a time, labeling each box with a description of its contents and its destination (e.g., kitchen, bathroom). It is important to be as specific as you can because they will make unpacking much easier.
- Keep the weight of your boxes reasonable. If possible, put heavy items in small boxes to make them easier to carry.
- Don’t apply tape directly to polished or painted wood finishes, because removing the tape could ruin the surface.
- Start packing in advance.
- Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break this way.
- Color-code boxes and other items with stickers or labels.
- It doesn’t hurt to number your boxes.
- Use wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can stay in the drawers if the mover blankets and wraps the furniture.
- Remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box. When packing books, use small boxes only.
- Never use printed newsprint to wrap dishes. The ink may transfer to the dishes.
- Don’t pack with food or supermarket boxes, because you never know if there are pests or if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions. Boxes of uniform size will also stack better on the track and save time and space.
- Label all boxes on the top and side clearly.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment (like stereos) in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
- Always tape boxes. Don’t interlock the tops.
- Don’t use boxes without tops. Boxes without tops make it impossible to stack properly in the truck.
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately to ensure they will be easily accessible including children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information, and photo albums. If you take apart furniture and other items, make sure to tape all parts to the main base or place parts in zip lock bags and tape to the base.
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
- Pack the items you will need immediately upon arrival in a clearly marked box or container- especially things like medications, a set of sheets, etc!
To learn more about our packing and unpacking services in Bryan-College Station, contact us at (979) 300-7400. We have same-day appointments available.
Need Help Packing for a Move?
At Sarge's Moving Services, LLC, we can pack either a few items you couldn't get to or your whole home or office. Before moving day arrives, we will go over the process with you, develop an inventory list of the items to be packed, and discuss any other services you may need. Typically, packing must be done before moving day, and we recommend scheduling our packing services a day or two in advance. You must schedule this service in advance to ensure that all needed movers, supplies, and equipment can be reserved for you.
Sarge’s Moving Services, LLC can pack:
- Fragile items
- Large, bulky items
- Household items
- Personal items
While we can pack just about anything, we recommend that you keep sentimental and important items with you. Things we recommend you pack yourself and keep with you include photo albums, important documents like housing paperwork and car titles, personal electronics like cell phones and laptops, jewelry, prescriptions, and personal records. Often these things need to be accessed quickly, and you will have greater peace of mind knowing you have them on hand.
Unpack with a Pro
Moving is hard work, and you need your new home or office up and running as quickly as possible. We don’t all have the luxury of taking weeks to unpack. Sarge’s Moving Services, LLC can help you get your new place organized and feeling like home in no time. Our professional unpacking specialists in Bryan-College Station have extensive experience unpacking, and we are trustworthy.
To ensure a smooth unpacking process, we will:
- Create a moving plan that includes your new layout and unpacking plans
- Carefully label all packed items with the room they are to be unpacked in
- Label any fragile items to ensure that they are unpacked and handled with care
- Place all furniture to your specifications
- Unpack, and in some cases help you hook up, appliances
At Sarge’s Moving Services, LLC, we are committed to always improving our services. After your move is completed, we will follow up with you to find out how your experience was. We love hearing feedback from our customers, especially our returning customers, and you are always giving us new, great ideas to implement into our business.
We Are Honest & Reliable
Sometimes moving and unpacking takes longer than expected. Other times, the job can be completed more quickly than you planned. Regardless of how long your move takes, you can be sure our Bryan-College Station unpacking movers will act with integrity. At Sarge’s Moving Services, LLC, we only charge you for the services you receive, and we never try to stretch out a move to charge you more. If you schedule us for four hours of unpacking services, and the job only takes three hours, you only pay for three hours. We also never pressure you to buy products or services you don’t need or want. Instead, we focus on providing top-quality services that are safe, efficient, and reliable.
To schedule packing or unpacking services, contact us at (979) 300-7400. We offer a 10% military discount, and we provide free in-home estimates.